Saturday, July 5, 2008

Twitter & Tumblr

I signed up for both Twitter and Tumblr and created posts. I will probably add Twitter as an application on my Facebook account, just for fun. As far as using it in the library world, I don't know. I saw that one library uses it to promote their programs, by creating short "tweets" for all their activities. Maybe that's a good idea. It depends on whether anybody would look at it.

I was more intrigued with Tumblr, and plan to use it a fair amount. I see how this could be very handy for gathering things you find on the internet and putting them together in one place where you can share them with others, something like Del.icio.us. I feel like I've come full circle in Discover 2.0, because Del.icio.us, where I started, and Tumblr, where I am now finishing, are similar in how I would plan to use them. If I were going to have a library blog that I shared with the public, I would use Tumblr.

No comments: