Friday, May 2, 2008

Item # 19

I like Pandora a lot. I started by typing in Bob Dylan and it started playing Tangled Up in Blue. I then told it that I like that song, and it started putting together other artists and songs that I might like. This would be very handy for when I am working on the computer, but not online, as it came out of Pandora when I went back to Discover 2.0. I had thought I could listen while I continued to work. I'm sure there's a way to do that, I just don't have the time to figure it out right now!

I am also glad to know about the music genome project,which is similar, and also the gutenberg project. These are really amazing undertakings.

The other one I really liked was Mango, although I wish they had more languages. I am looking for a way to study Farsi online, but have not found it yet - certainly not on Mango.

I do think Mango would be good for the library to link to the electronic resources, since it's free. The only problem is that people would probably want to talk out loud as they went through it, which could be problematic in the library.

I also think Pandora, last.fm, and imeem would be good to have at a listening station. I think teens, especially, would enjoy their features and functionality.

No comments: